Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Linux shared-secret encryption for burning CD ROM

From: Alexander Klimov <alserkli () inbox ru>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:50:22 +0300 (IDT)

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, sun sadm wrote:
I am searching for a strong, password-protected encryption of
directories and files. I will use it for burning CD ROMs. Don't wish
to us async encryption with certificates. The decryption should work
on every Linux and UNIX like OS without installing additional
software.

Almost every *nix-like os has something to support encrypted file
system or encrypted raw storage, but there is no single format that is
supported by default on all *nix-like oses.

What would you do?

Change the requirements.

--
Regards,