Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: newbie question

From: security <security () xentek net>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 20:13:18 -0400

That probably isn't enough. Remember that GMail calls back with the XMLHTTPRequest object, and is probably not set up to do so in SSL.

Further up the thread, someone pointed to a Firefox extension that coaxes gmail to stay in SSL, that may be the answer to at least some encryption on the wire. Unless of course the state-run ISP is acting as a MITM.

- -em