Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: password administration procedure

From: "Alexander Bolante" <alexander.bolante () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:14:12 -0700

I'm assuming you mean changing passwords for Sun service accounts that
will affect other applications e.g. Oracle, DB2, etc.

That being the case, what current documentation do you have in place
today? Do you have a matrix of what account belongs to what app, who
owns the account, which accounts are tied to critical vs. non-critical
apps, etc.

That would be a good starting place.

Cheers!
Alexander