Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Good SPAM filter for Outlook for use in a small non-profite ORG

From: "John R. Dennison" <jrd () gerdesas com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:58:20 -0500

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 02:48:04PM -0700, Saqib Ali wrote:

I am looking for a "Good" SPAM filter for Outlook. It is intended for
use in a California based non-profit ORG. However the key requirement
is that should be maintenance free. There is no IT dept at this ORG.

        SpamPal - http://www.spampal.org.  It was written by James
        Farmer, author of the news.admin.net-abuse.email FAQ.

        I have used it in the past when forced to use Outlook,
        and my wife uses it regularly.  Neither of us has ever
        had an issue with it.

        It's very similar to SpamAssassin with a GUI.

        Best of all is the fact that it is free.

                                                        John

--
"I'm sorry but our engineers do not have phones."
As stated by a Network Solutions Customer Service representative when asked to

"My other computer is your windows box."
                                     Ralf Hildebrandt