Security Basics mailing list archives

How to extract the firmware of my cellular ? (or embedded systems in general)

From: "Norbert François" <norbertlike () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 14:21:05 +0200

Hello !

I was wondering how to extract the firmware of a cellular in order to
study it... I read the paper about "Exploiting embedded systems", but
sincerely I didn't understand the part on which they extracted the
firmware. Moreover, it was performed on a router, not a cellular
(smaller device = harder ?). I remember that the THC group released
some [cellular] firmwares few months ago... How did they do ?

Thanks a lot for your replies
.
Norbert