Security Basics mailing list archives

R: [Fwd: Re: Pix to ASA migration]

From: "Massimo Baschieri" <massimo.baschieri () re-ti it>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 07:29:01 +0200

This was sent to me off list.  I didnt look at the inspect mapping. That
also
could be a cause.

It could be quite a cause because of other protocols or because of the ips,
not because of dns, not in normal condition.
Dns inspection is only there to check for abuse of the protocol, not for
normal use, dns doesn't need any special treatment by a firewall like ftp or
h323 does, it should work like a charm without any inspection.
Bye,
    Tosh.