Security Basics mailing list archives

Vulnerability Assessment and Operational Security Testing Methodology (VAOST) - version 0.2 released

From: "Steve Armstrong" <stevearmstrong () logicallysecure com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 13:04:18 +0100

You may recall, I posted some thoughts on a new methodology for vulnerability assessment, my initial thoughts got some
good feedback, and we pressed on with fleshing out the full methodology.

We have recently got to a point to again get the community endorsement that we are headed in the right direction; so
here is version 0.2.  (We have posted, ms word and RTF formats but word has expanded the rtf version to 9.2 Mb so we
added a zip version)

http://www.logicallysecure.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=30

We welcome your feedback and comments.  The VAOST forum area where you can get the files will accept guest (ie
un-registered) posts so you can add your comments there if you desire (note we will delete defamatory and rude posts to
prevent our being sued!).

It is work in progress and we still have a long way to go, but hopefully, we can get there with your help.

Steve Armstrong

(Nebs)