Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Social Engineering Data set

From: xun dong <xundong () cs york ac uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 23:23:42 +0100

Thanks for your suggestion. I certainly think those attacks are instances of social engineering attacks, and I have included them in the data set already.

CTaylor 2121 wrote:
What about the one in which a disk or CD is left in the employee rest room with an enticing title written on it? Or the free software (game or program) that is given away at a trade-show? Both would contain trojans. Where would you classify those types of attacks?

Thanks,
C Taylor
CTaylor2121 () hotmail com <mailto:CTaylor2121 () hotmail com>
"Retirement is just a PowerBall away"