Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Home PC Networking

From: krymson () gmail com
Date: 29 Nov 2006 15:46:34 -0000

Do you turn off any BitTorrent clients before you play Quake? Or on any other systems on your network?

For some reason I've got multiple continuous calls being made from my
PC to my Router's port 49152. Whatever it is, is looping through every
port on my PC to make the calls.
I've used Sys Internal's Process Explorer, but I can't find anything
suspicious.
I've gone through the logs on my Norton Firewall, but that doesn't
tell me what is making the calls. I setup a policy within Norton to
block all calls to Port 49152 on my firewall, but that hasn't had any
effect. Ad Aware, SpyBot and Microsoft Defender aren't showing me
anything either.