Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Finding person name based on personnel email account

From: Steve <root () quicksilverscreen com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:14:57 -0500

That was the worst phrased question I've ever read in my entire life. I feel as though I am now dumber for having read it.

Perhaps it would have been better if you had actually formed it as a question, or at least hinted at what you want to know. Do you want to know how to track down a person who sends you an email, how to track an email sent from within your network, or how to subpoena Yahoo?

Sorry for being such a smart ass... Oh wait, no I'm not. :)

Thanks,
 Steve.

neil.daugherty () us army mil wrote:

I am trying to track down someone that is sending illegal emails on my network using a yahoo account.

NEIL

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree, without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus