Security Basics mailing list archives

auditing windows share permissions

From: <krymson () hushmail com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 18:13:56 -0500

Good afternoon! I have been searching for some help on auditing a
Microsoft AD network share structure to see who has access to what.
 It is pretty easy to get any number of tools to dump all the ACLs
for the NTFS permissions and even the share permissions of a
directory structure. However, what I am finding difficult is to be
able to dump a report on what information user DOMAIN\jdoe has
access to (or an AD group).

Does anyone know of any tools useful for this task?  Commercial
tools are ok. Any tips?

Thank you in advance.

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485