Security Basics mailing list archives

AW: Suggstions on PDA Security Software

From: "Mohammad Ilyas" <m.ilyas () itsecc com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 11:04:04 +0200

Hi,

you may also check www.utimaco.com. They do also have a pretty good
encryption software for PDAs.

ciao

ilyas
www.itsecc.com

Hello -

I've been looking for a PDA security software solution, but I'm having a
horrible time and I'm hoping someone might be able to give some suggestions
on different products.  My requirements are pretty minimal:

* Data Encryption
* Screen Locking
* Data Wipe
* Central Management
* Single solution for PalmOS and Windows Mobile

I've tried PDA Defense, but ran into a nasty bug that the techs couldn't fix
and they just stopped communicating. I tried contacting their sales team a
few days ago and got bounces saying the email accounts aren't working...

I've also tried Trust Digital, but the cost is way too high for my budget.
Plus they only give demo versions to larger organizations (I'm only looking
to secure around 20 devices).

TealSoft was really nice, but no Windows Mobile support.

Can anyone else suggest other vendors?

Thanks
-Joe

--