Security Basics mailing list archives

VPN setup for a non-profit

From: "Saqib Ali" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 12:21:30 -0700

I volunteer at few non-profits to help them maintain the IT and eSecurity.

Recently I have been looking for some VPN solutions, that will allow
the employees of these non-profits to easily connect to their intranet
from remote locations. I want the solution to be extremely simple, so
that I can manage them from remote. So naturally I was leaning toward
SSL based VPN boxes, and I found few cheap ones. But this morning I
ran into this Linksys VPN router
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1118334795358&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

that claims to support upto 50 users, easy to manage and cheap. I was
wondering if anyone has any experieces with this router.

Our needs won't exceed 50 users. The intranet is pretty simple. Most
people just want RDP into their work machines, or access the internal
website. Nothing fancy.

Please advise.

Plug: If anyone wants to give a excellent discount on (new) SSL VPN,
we are willing to purchase that as well. The donation will be fully
tax exempt.

--
Saqib Ali, CISSP, ISSAP
Support http://www.capital-punishment.net