Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Suggstions on PDA Security Software

From: "Joe Topjian" <joetopjian () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:30:30 -0400

Utimaco has SafeGuard Easy which is good, it has an average central
management and it works well. The only problem is the deployment cost,
you have to install on every machine.

I downloaded the SafeGuard PDA Enterprise demo yesterday and started
reading the docs. Their webpage mentions support for both Palm and
Windows, but the docs say only Windows. I sent an email to clarify on
this. If it supports both, this would be a prime candidate.

The other product I tried is SafeBoot from Control Break. I liked the
software and it has a good central management, although I read some
comments of deployment problems and bad external directory integration
but I haven't tested it that thoroughly.

The solution I'm watching right now is Credant's solution. It has a
wonderful gui for installation and management and it integrates with
everything (from windows machines, palos, blackberries, and so on).
The installation process is much more difficult than the other
products but I'm loving the product.

I'll check these two out. Thanks!

--
Joe Topjian