Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Seeking IIS v6 checklist and clarification on authentication

From: "Carl Davis" <cdavis () rvasi com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 01:21:57 -0500

Here's some links to resources.  Hope these help.

Windows 2003/IIS 6.0 DMZ Hardening Guidelines
http://www.shebeen.com/win2003/

Securing Internet Information Services 6.0
http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/support/articles/sec_iis_6_0.mspx

IIS 6.0 Security Best Practices
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/ace052a0-a713-423e-8e
8c-4bf198f597b81033.mspx

Security in IIS 6.0 (links to resources)
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/354f4539-982a-418c-bf
e7-4d5155b83f4a1033.mspx

Checklist: ASP Security (IIS 6.0)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/d
2e896b5-97af-4b74-89be-55a30e1030e2.mspx?mfr=true

Microsoft IIS Hardening Checklist
www.uchsc.edu/is/security/IISHardeningChecklist.pdf

Cheers,

Carl Davis,C|EH,CISSP,MCSE,CCSA