Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Apache+Domain Authentication

From: "ROB DIXON" <rdixon () workforcewv org>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 12:20:10 -0500

yo pimp,

google for: mod_auth_vas   and   SPNEGO.

SPNEGO only supports a few browsers if I remember right. I think it supports Firefox and IE. If you are runnig any
other browers then I think you need to look at mod_auth_vas.

Also, Apache.org has a great list serv for configuring and managing apache ;)

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Robert L. Dixon,  CSO
CHFI A+
State of West Virginia's
West Virginia Office of Techonology
Infrastructure Applications
Netware/GroupWise Administrator
Telephone: (304)-558-5472 ex.4225
Email:rdixon () workforcewv org
"pimp mastermind" <gbchustla () gmail com>  >>>
Hello all,
I have an apache server installed at my work now i restrict the access
by making a .htpasswd file and so on. We work in domain Active
Directory domain structure. The think i  want to do is to make the
site authentication via the user domain account ( domain\userid )  i
am really not familiar and i dont know where to start from. Could you
please help me?
Thanks a lot for you help

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus