Security Basics mailing list archives

FTP hack of two web sites

From: backdropman1 () yahoo com
Date: 22 Mar 2006 21:03:49 -0000

Seeking any advice on what to do or how to proceed on an FTP attack which left me the IP address of the hacker in my
Logs?
So far I have given the IP address to their ISP but I have no idea what if anything the ISP did.
It would fall under one of these sections od 18 USC

18usc1030

18usc2520

18usc2510

Any help would be greatly appreicated and thanks in advance.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus