Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Port 5431 PARK AGENT

From: e.m.janssen () xs4all nl
Date: 22 Mar 2006 10:06:38 -0000

Hello,

Found it with the help of others.

It has something to do with Upnp.

When I switch it off on the router port 5431 is closed.

As long as nothing stops working I will keep it like that.

More on UPnp can be found at :

http://www.smarthomeforum.com/start/faq.asp?ID=22

and

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/support/upnp01.mspx

Thanks everybody I learned something again.

Rgds

Edo-Martijn

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus