Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Private information on public computers

From: "Beauford, Jason" <jbeauford () EightInOnePet com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:06:22 -0500

I'd say setup a Terminal Server for them with remote access.  All work
would then be done on your internal Terminal Server and not at home.
SSL-VPN's help out here as well.  I have implemented this for my end
users and it works splendidly.

Having problems with USB keys?  You can lock it down by disabling the
files via Group Policy, same with CD Burners and Floppies.

Of course, you'll UM's support, an Acceptable Usage Policy and a budget.

But to your question:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA010776461033.aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211632

http://www.amset.info/tips/office-recovery.asp