Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Sorbs.net DNS Blacklist

From: "Kelly Winters" <kelly.winters () verizon net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:04:37 -0600

Hello Dan,
I work for an isp and we deal with these self-proclaimed guardians of the
internet daily. Some of the lists are impossible to get off, like Spews.org.
(Check out their FAQ, they even tell you that there is no support, no
guarantee, nothing.)

All you can do is try to "educate" the people who have chosen to use one of
these extremely unreliable methods of filtering their email. It is
ultimately their choice. The services are mostly free, and you really do get
what you pay for.

Another option is to see if your ISP will give you a new block if IP's that
have been "scrubbed" to make sure you aren't inheriting another blacklisted
block.

There are much more reliable and configurable options out there for those
wishing to blacklist (or whitelist) email senders.

Good luck,
kw