Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: System 32 folder opens during start up

From: "Jay Stapleton" <jay.stapleton () computershare com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:28:26 -0500

Run "msconfig", which presents you with all of the different areas which
are executed on startup.

You may find it's something benign, such as an unquoted filename which
contains spaces or other illegal characters.

The registry key you're looking for is probably
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

-Jay.