Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Dynamicism Of Windows Registry

From: "Eric Cooper" <ecooper () ICWGROUP com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:10:23 -0700

I don't think you'll ever be able to do something like what you're
talking about using the registry.  But check out RegMon from
sysinternals.  It's a great tool for monitoring your registry - it
should give you some insight as to how much activity is really going on
there.  The registry can be extremely dynamic, depending on system
configuration, installed applications, etc.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Regmon.html

-Eric