Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Protecting sensitive files on a Windows file server

From: "Tyler, Grayling" <ggtyler () foodlion com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:49:12 -0400

I agree that using the password protection from within outlook isn't
especially secure (using the file encryption is better though). EFS
aren't much better because of the recovery keys.  If all you're doing is
keeping the honest people honest then either would likely suffice.

If its honest-to-goodness sensitive material that you want to protect
from not so honest people then use the RSA with token or PGP.

All communication regarding everyday IT support needs such as IT
problems / incidents should be directed to the ITCRC team at x2848
instead of contacting the various associates directly within the IT
department.
By logging all problems / incidents with the ITCRC team, this will
provide us more visibility into the various types of calls we are
receiving, trending of these calls, numbers of calls, etc. The ITCRC
team will bring more attention to your issues and allow prompt
resolution to your calls.