Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: In light of what has happened with the theft of the VA laptop, what are the "best practices" for securing laptops?

From: "Greg Merideth" <gmerideth () ftnj net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:50:06 -0400

I prefer this method as well.  I have several gigabyte sized pgp
virtual drives where i store my outlook ost data as well as customer
information.  For extra oomph, confidential information is pgp'ed via
a different key inside of the pgp secure drives.

While I see no problem with entering in two keys on startup just to
get my email it's amazing how many of our customers balk at this
simple task.