Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: lock down personal Win XP workstation

From: "Kamran Iqbal" <kamran.iqbal () willaf com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:05:14 +0100

Hi there,

Most of the trapdoors, Trojans and backdoors are pre-defined along with
locations like c:\programs files .. etc ... that installs it self if
once you access HTTP.

Windows firewall blocks the services, ports but it does not block the
specific viruses, Trojan horses which normally anti viruses companies
do.

Kind Regards,

Kami