Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Help me choose antivirus software

From: Steve Hillier <securityfocus () mastermindtoys com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:06:16 -0500

I'll just comment on everything at once...

On 01/26/2006 09:27 a, Sean Crawford wrote:
Yup....
www.nod32.com
It's the best about IMHO.........

The centralised updating and configuration management seems to be done
via a network file share. This I can do. I just need to read a little
further to see if users can be locked out of making configuration changes.

The Remote Administrator module for NOD32 seems to be a Windows only
application. Since I have no Windows servers...

However, I do like the memory footprint. I've heard a great deal about
how compact NOD32 is compared to other virus scanners.