Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows Log

From: Ryan Cummings <l00t3r () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:11:53 -0500

I'm not a expert but couldn't you script something to run everytime
(HKLM...Run or throught LoginScripts) a user logged into a machine to
output the username and machine to a SQL DB or the like...just an
idea. Not sure how big your org is but even a text file something like

echo %username% >> \\UNCPATHTOASERVER\\logininfo.txt
hostname >> \\UNCPATHTOASERVER\\logininfo.txt

This is pretty basic but you get the idea

Ryan