Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows XP and FTP

From: Patrick Benson <benson () chello se>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 02:56:45 +0100

Hamish Stanaway wrote:
Hey there Ansgar,

My settings were on Global Port mode, however switching to Pasv
(Passive) mode made no difference.
I am using CuteFTP as my FTP Client.

Kindest of regards,

Hamish Stanaway, CEO

Absolute Web Hosting / -= KoRe WoRkS =- Internet Security
Auckland, New Zealand

http://www.webhosting.net.nz
http://www.buywebhosting.co.nz
http://www.koreworks.com

Hamish,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357/en-us

As a possible last resort you can try the logging procedure farther down
the page and see if you can locate the connection problem. On a side
note my son uses SmartFTP - http://www.smartftp.com - with an XP Pro
Firewall running at his end, while living with my ex-wife, and he has
never had any trouble connecting to my OpenBSD server running vsftpd.

Best regards,

Patrick

--
Patrick Benson
Stockholm, Sweden

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus