Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Books on Information Security

From: "George Koshy" <GKOSHY () mtahq org>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:27:59 -0500

** High Priority **

I would like to recommend "Computer Security Handbook" by M.E Kabay & Seymour Bosworth. It provides
a very comprehensive understanding of Computer Security from the basics to advanced topics.

George

__________________
George Koshy, CISSP
Supervising Senior Technology Auditor
Technology Audits Division
Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTAHQ)
2 Broadway, 16th Floor New York, NY 10004
Phone # (646) 252-1249 / E-Mail: gkoshy () mtahq org
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination, taking of any action in reliance
upon, or other use of this information by person/entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please contact me (the sender) and delete all of its electronic copies.

Rurouni Alucard Kawarami Himura <rakh () dangerclan net> 1/7/2006 6:20:16 AM >>>
I think that 'Hacking for Dummies' could be a very good start, as it goes from
the very basic in the security field...