Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SF new column announcement: Google's data minefield

From: Yousef Syed <yousef.syed () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 20:16:57 +0000

The best way around it would be to not store any data that could
indentify an individual.
Google want to know what people are searching for, what links they
considered pertinent to their search etc. They don't need to store my
Name, Address, IP address etc.

Strange how much personal privacy we are happy to give up at the click
of a button...