Security Basics mailing list archives

Proximity of DR Sites & U.S. City Hazards

From: "lists () infostruct net" <lists () infostruct net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 09:49:58 -0500

Do you know of a standard that defines the distance between a business and
its DR site? From what I recall, the minimum distance should be 50/200
miles, not accounting for hazards.

I have already checked ISO 17799 and thought this might be an easy answer
for those of you dedicated to DR/BCP.

I am also looking for a definitive resource that lists hazards in major
U.S. cities (e.g. fault lines, hurricane zones, etc.).

Thanks for your time and consideration. I appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Gideon

Gideon T. Rasmussen
CISSP, CISA, CISM, SCSA