Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Spyware assessment techniques - hub?

From: 이태호 <taiho76 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:30:11 +0900

Hello,
Nowadays I am testing some anti-spyware products.
And I've found that many products have identified c-dilla by the registry.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\C07ft5Y]
@="SafeDisc RefCount"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\C07ft5Y\WinXP]
@=""

But the test system was clean Windows XP installation, I did not
install any thing to it.

So, IMHO, the registry key is installed by default, by Windows XP.

Then could you please tell me why Windows XP install this registry
which is related to c-dilla?
Does it mean that Windows XP imply the C-Dilla just as Alexa?

Any comment will be welcomed. Thank you.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus