Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Forensic/Cyber Crime Investigator

From: "Craig Wright" <cwright () bdosyd com au>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 22:02:49 +1100

Hi Dave,

To further add weight to the argument and as you seem to think I base comments on opinion, please read the following as
an introduction. I can keep going if you wish?

Please look at Bayne (2003) (p293) s8.470 as a particular reference.

[see also Idoport Pty Ltd v National Australia Bank Ltd [2001] NSWSC 995 [181], [182] and [188]ff]

[see also Ocean Marine Mutual Insurance Assoc. (Europe) OV v Jetopay Pty Ltd [2000] FCA 1463 at [21]-[23] (in Makita at
744 [86]]

[ See also Makita (Australia) Pty Ltd v Sprowles (2001) 52 NSWLR 705 at 744 [85]]

The following academic texts are helpful. The references are not extensive.

Reed, Chris. (2004), "Internet Law, Text and Materials", 2nd Ed. University College London, Cambridge University Press.
UK

    p263, s43 p111

Coderre, David G. (2004) "Fraud Detection, A revealing look at fraud, Data Analysis Techniques and Methods", Ekaros
Analytical Inc, Vancouver, CA

    pp 51-64, pp 211-224

Turnbull, C. Stephen (2003) "Fraud Investigation using Idea" Ekaros Analytical Inc, Vancouver, CA

    p11, pp15-16, p 21, p 35

Allen, Mark (2002) "e-business, the law and you", Pearson Education Australia

    pp 95-108, p 130

Odgers, S; Peden, E; Kumar, M (2004) "Companion to Uniform Evidence Law", Thomson Lawbook Co.

    Part 3 - Adminssibility of Evidence, s7 (Hearsay), s 8 (Opinion), s 9 (Admissions)

    Part 4 - s 17, (Facilitation of Proof)

Calvert M, Reid I (2002) "Technology Contracts", 2nd Ed. LexisNexis Butterworths

    Part II, s 7, Part IV, s 16, s17

Cairns B (2005) "Australian Civil Procedure", 6th Ed. Thomson Lawbook Co.

    p 567-568, p466, p 59,65,78, 79,457-466,472

Hunter, Cameron & Henning (2005) "Litigation II, Evidence and Criminal Process", 7th Ed. LexisNexis Butterworths

    s 20.1, s 20.4, s11.7, s 11.6

    see also Coco principles (Coco v R (1994) 179 CLR 427

Hunter, Cameron & Henning (2005) "Litigation I, Civil Procedures", 7th Ed. LexisNexis Butterworths

    ses Evidence; Relivance

Bayne, Peter (2003) "Uniform Evidence Law, Text and esential cases" The Federation Press, Au

    See "Presumptions of accuracy of scientific instruments"

    S.a "Burden of Proof"

The College of Law (2005) "Practice Papers, Select Papers", Volume 1

    s A8 p179-

Would you like more cases? I am happy to supply case law to support my argument as well?

Craig