Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Memory dump

From: "Disco Jonny" <discojonny () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:52:41 +0000

you need to edit a registry key - all the info is in the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244139

SUMMARY
Windows includes a feature that you can use to cause the system to
stop responding and to generate a memory dump file (Memory.dmp). When
you do this, you receive a Stop error message that resembles the
following:
*** STOP: 0x000000E2 (0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)
The end-user manually generated the crashdump.
Note You cannot use a keyboard shortcut to generate a memory dump file
if the following conditions are true:
•       The computer is running Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
•       The computer was not upgraded from an earlier operating system.
•       The computer uses only a universal serial bus (USB) keyboard.
You expect to generate a memory dump file by holding down the right
CTRL key and pressing the SCROLL LOCK key two times. To resolve this
issue in Microsoft Windows Server 2003, see the "Windows Server 2003
resolution" subsection at the end of the "More Information" section.

cheers,

dj

On 29 Nov 2006 06:27:22 -0000, divinepresence () gmail com