Security Basics mailing list archives

Managing Firewalls

From: Ravi Malghan <rmalghan () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 04:54:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi: I am in a Managed Security Environment managing
100+ netscreen and checkpoint firewalls. The current
management/monitoring we provide is very messed up and
I want to start from scratch. I am trying to
understand what kind of management functionalities do
typical enterprise customers like to see from their
ISP as far as the firewalls are considered. Since the
type of customers vary (financial, health etc), I am
trying to come up with a base framework from which I
can built additional functionalities based on the type
of customer. Currently I collect logs from all the
firewalls and store them in a database. Are there any
whitepapers or standards? Any suggestions on where I
can start from?

Thanks in advance.
Ray