Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: A Rallying Cry to Executives?

From: "Beauford, Jason" <jbeauford () EightInOnePet com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 15:25:33 -0400

Only 1 problem with this.

Its too long for "regular" employees to read.  Most people will get to
"proliferation of viruses" and pause wondering what the heck that means.

You have to keep these things short and sweet and use terminology that
people will understand.  Of course these are all words that any educated
employee should be required to know, however in general, employees
prefer not to read a "boring" technical article filled with IT Jargon.

Other than that, I think its right on point and well put.

************
Average Joe Employee says:      "Uh...what's a Sasser"
                                        "What's proliferated mean?"
                                        "What's all this about "bots"
wearing Trojans?"
                                        "Kill Bill.. That was a cool
movie."
                                        "0-day? Is that like D-Day?"

                                        -Right Click => Delete.

Scrape the mold off and publish this in some sort of Acceptable Usage
Policy.

JMB