Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Suggestions for a secure home network

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:59:39 -0700

  What's with remote access on the Macs???  [i.e., what makes their
*Internet access* needs different from the PCs?]

  You might consider using a small router/firewall to segregate the
Macs from the PCs, but if the PCs need general Internet access then
there's no point in segregating *that* unless the Macs require
something different.
  If you need to restrict the PCs' Internet access, this can be
done with ACL/firewall at the Internet connection.

David Gillett