Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: Port scanning/illegalities

From: merlin3315 () yahoo com
Date: 6 Apr 2006 19:38:13 -0000

Ok, interesting thread, but, I bet if I were to go to every home in my neighborhood, rattle the door knobs and tap all
the windows for hours on end, just to "check" if anything were open, and then, if I did find anything open, notify my
neighbor, I bet there would police authorities on me in no time at all. I would have very annoyed neighbors, and
though, according to Ansgar, I have done nothing wrong or illegal, I am sure I would be charged with a misdemeanor of
some sort. (I am being sarcastic, I know, but trust me, I'd be the first to call authorities on you if you rattled the
heck out of my windows and doorknobs.)

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus