Security Basics mailing list archives

Any recommended risk assessment methodologies when outsourcing IT?

From: aristotelis3 () gmail com
Date: 4 Sep 2005 22:34:35 -0000

hello people!

I am doing a masters in Information security and am currently working on my MSc dissertation. I am focusing on
information risks that arise when outsourcing IT. In particular, when starting an outsourcing relationship, how can we
manage the additional risks (on top of the ones our own organization has to deal with) to which the outsourcer is
exposed and consequently exposing our organization?

Is there a recommended security risk assessment methodology? Is there a proposed risk management framework?