Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Internal VPN Connections

From: "D.N.Vaidya" <dnvaidya () rilinfo net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:13:18 +0530

One suggestion:

Internet

|Servers
Core Router/Switch<--------------->Firewall/VPN
Device<-------->L2/L3Switch<---->|Servers

|Servers

If VPN device and firewall are seperate then put the VPN device after
firewall before servers. I have assumed here that you want to allow the
authorized users to connect to your servers from the Internet via the
Internet.

Hope this will add some value

Sincerely,

"The information in this mail is confidential and is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this mail by anyone else is unauthorized. Any copying
or further distribution beyond the original recipient is not intended and
may be unlawful. The opinion expressed in this mail is that of the sender
and do not necessarily reflect that of Reliance"