Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Unknow process listening on high port

From: Shawn Badger <sbadger () cskauto com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 07:44:46 -0700

Fuser says the port is here, but gives no more information. I have ran
        chkrootkit on the servers and fortunately they both came back
        clean. I
        have also started watching traffic on the ports in question and
        noticed
        every so often that and pulls a couple test web pages. This is
        part of
        the High availability service and just using that high port to
        connect
        to the other server. I am not seeing any connections coming into
        the
        port in 24 hours of monitoring. I will keep monitoring and see
        what I
        find. Does anyone know why netstat reports a - for the pid
        though?