Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Spyware - Malware Test Sites

From: Kevin white <kwhite () ci collierville tn us>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:43:52 -0500

http://serialcrackz.com/download.php?id=24053

Still seems to work.  In firefox you'll be prompted for a file to
download.  In default XP install all the way up to SP1you'll get plenty
of popups, viruses, new spyware, and even a program they install to help
remove spyware.  Ina hardened XP (all updates + MSAntiSpyware beta) install
it'll give all the ActiveX warnings yyou can stand I never tested the hardened
install past that.  I was simply testing to see if the site could still do
a drive-by spyware install.

--
Kevin White

"The world is beating a path to our door"

  -- Bruce Perens, (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)