Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Help writing a back up script

From: "Jeff Gercken" <JeffG () kizan com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:44:59 -0400

If you want to script it, check out curl for win32.
http://curl.haxx.se/latest.cgi?curl=win32-nossl

Why not zip the files then upload them?  I would name them Mon.zip
Tue.zip Wed.zip....  That way you maintain a week's worth of files by
automatically overwriting the old ones.

If you just want to get it done and not use the excuse to learn
scripting, you can use an application to syncronise the folders.  That
way the ftp server will always have a copy of what's going on locally.

http://fullsync.sourceforge.net/

Or simply google 'ftp sync'

-Jeff