Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Change MTU settings on Solaris 5.9

From: "Ryan, Neil (Mission Systems)" <Neil.Ryan () ngc com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:01:09 -0400

Almost right.

The mtu in Solaris 9 is broken out into IPv4 and IPv6, so the command
should be:

# ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_mss_max_ipv4 1460

You can query ndd by device as follows:

# ndd /dev/tcp \?

This will show you all of the parameters you can read and/or write for
that device.

Good luck!

FYI - We had to drop our MTU on one box to 1300 to accommodate a
particular vpn scenario...

        -Neil