Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: seeking advice on how to research adware/spyware/identity theft software

From: "Vipul Kumra" <vipul.kumra () airtightnetworks net>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:14:07 +0530

Hi,

Create an isolated lab using VMware

Vipul Kumra

-----Original Message-----
From: nix1209 () yahoo com [mailto:nix1209 () yahoo com]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 2:46 AM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: seeking advice on how to research adware/spyware/identity theft
software

I am a student interested in pursuing research on
adware/spyware/identity theft software (trojans/worms/virus in the
future). Kindly guide me as to how I can do so without compromising the
security of my own computing resources.
What layers of defence should I have on my system, so that I can capture
the infection without getting infected. Moreover, can u suggest any
books/tutorials/websites that would help me(as a beginner).
Thank You in advance for your time.