Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Antivirus Comparison

From: "Joe George" <j.george () conservation org>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:21:31 -0400

Kerio is nice when it didn't cause one of my computers to blue screen.
Right now, on my home PC's I'm fine with XP SP2 FW. Ideally I plan on
switching to something else soon  but I don't really do much adventurous
surfing so if it ain't broke, I don't fix it.

Ultimately, based on the environment and needs, I'd say use what works
best for you.  If you work in a place where you have plenty of time and
opportunity to do the research, esp if you're relied upon to do the
research, you are lucky as *expletive*.  It'd be nice to read unbiased
and untainted reports from those who are able to do baseline analysis of
FW and IDS software products.  I enjoy reading whatever you guys have.

Joe