Security Basics mailing list archives

suggestions regarding change in profile

From: Pankaj Miglani <pankaj.miglani () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:45:42 +0530

Hi Guys,
Iam a graduate in electronics and have been in the industry for more
then 4years now.I started my career as a network support engineer and
since then have been into ISP environment, managing the customer
operations. since past two years i have been in a Data Centre where i
am handling the scurity part too. I have been working on
checkpoint,pix firewalls, symantec IDS apart from the
mailservers,webservers,vpdn's.I am currently having a job offer from a
company for a security devices testing profile. I would be nice if i
could have some guidance from you guys:
Is it ok to switch profile at this stage? 2.Moving from operations to
testing..will it help me out in the long run?
IN case, i feel like switching back to operations/administrator job
after some time. Will it be possible for me, as i have heard that
moving to testing it will be a monotonous job after an year so in
which u start loosing interest.
 Any inputs will be helpful to me decide taking a decision.

Regards,
 PM