Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Doubt regarding Sec+

From: cg () cg com
Date: 22 Nov 2005 05:15:38 -0000

Well I have all 3 certifications you mention, and security+ is the entry level cert.  It is considered an entry level
cert because it tests basic security information, it creates your foundation.  You may or may not already have this
foundation.  Hard to tell from your post.  C|EH tests basic ethical hacking/pen-testing.  It assumes you already know
most of the information contained in the Security+ domains.  SO if common sense would tell you that it would be a waste
of your time if you don’t know the baseline information.  CISSP is a management level, broad information base
certification.  while it is considered a security certification, i would not consider it as technical a cert as
Security+ & C|EH.  It also seems from you post that you do not possess the required time in the CISSP domains to sit
for the exam.  I would wait until you possess the time/knowledge.  The world doesn’t need any more paper CISSPs.

hope that helps, and don’t take anything personally, i can only give an opinion based on the info in your post.