Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Learning Network Security Basics

From: "Ramki B" <bramkie () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 07:30:39 +0530

Hello Louie:

I also need the stepping stone for this. I just started to
take some basic classes right now I am learning about the OSI
how it work.

For OSI and general networking tech., you can checkout:

www.firewall.cx

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/general/0,295582,sid7_gci1137052,00.h
tml?track=NL-81&ad=529610

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,290660,sid7_gci212725,0
0.html

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid7_gci523729,00.html

But I really want to get into security ... What
books are good to have for a newbie? Plus I also came up on 2
computers that I'm going to load linux or window for testing...

Books, you can start with CompTIA N+ books and Cisco has lot of material on
networking technology...and they are free.

Any links or forums that have good security would be greatful...

You are already into one of the best forums...

HTH
Ramki B