Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows XP registry security : Any access right ?

From: Mihai Amarandei <mihai () xmcopartners com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 18:14:33 +0200

I guess what you can do is open regedit -  The Windows Registry Editor.
From there, for example, select HKEY_CURRENT_USER, right click on it and chek the Authorisations Option(Autorisations in the french version, don't ask :) ). From there you should be able to manage who and how has access to that key/field.
Regards

Mihai
http://secinternship.blogspot.com

S C wrote:

Hi

I'm looking for information son Windows XP registry security.

I would like to be able, for example, to allow user Alice to read/write only in the  HKEY_CURRENT_USER hives and to
read-only all the registry.

Is that possible ? If yes, how can I configure this ?

Any others tricks related to Windows XP registry security ?
Thanks

SC